Relevant to Divine Misconceptions: “The Study of Political Islam”. The perspective therein on logic in Islam is rather disturbing and deserves further examination. Nevertheless, that there are rational difficulties inherent in the Qur’an and other Islamic traditions, Muhammad’s message having changed from tolerance to violence when he fled from Mecca to Medina, is noted correctly.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Flaming China”
- “A Shadow of Ourselves”
- “No, it’s *not* the smallest exoplanet found!”
- “Lungless frog discovered in Borneo”
- “Is Rekindling the Pluto Planet Debate a Good Idea?”
- “Are Compact Fluorescent Lightbulbs Dangerous?”
- “Cheney, Others OK'd Harsh Interrogations” (Oops.)
Enjoy, share the weirdness, and Shabbath shalom.