There was no weird thing yesterday because it was a fast day.
Relevant to today’s holiday (yes, a real holiday, even though it’s not a Jewish one): “New Year's Superstitions”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “The UN Finds the Courage?”
- “MidEast Milestone”
- “Lake Superior State University 2007 List of Banished Words”
- “PA Journalism and the RSF”
- “'Radios Play At Incitement'”
- “The pope and the Holocaust deniers”
- “The Bill of Wrongs: The 10 most outrageous civil liberties violations of 2006.”
- “It's not about Israel”
- “Bush White House still promoting creationism” (Someone tell our president of questionable legitimacy that trying to suppress the truth does not actually change it.)
- “Palestinians mourn for Saddam”
- “Pump up your knowledge of South Carolina autos, roads and gas usage by taking this pop ‘quiz’” (Suggested by Mom.)
- “Wis. man named 'World Champion Liar'” (I would have entered that contest, but I was kidnapped by the Communist Hippopotamus Liberation Organization of Earth.)