Worthy cause of the day: “24 Helicopters, that's all”. I am not holding my breath, but it does not hurt to try.
Today’s news and commentary, some of which Barry is responsible for:
- “Bush League Leadership”
- “The Civil War In Four Minutes” (Not news or commentary, but a decent review of a lot of what went on then. Note the casualty figures.)
- “Scientist uses high tech to recover low-tech data” (Submitted by Dad.)
- “Looking at the Sun Can Trigger a Sneeze”
- “Steal This Wi-Fi”
- “A FAREWELL TO THE ERA OF ANONYMOUS DRINKING”
- “NYC decides to clone 'historical' trees”
- “Flesh wound reveals dino secrets”
- “Embryos Survive Stem Cell Harvest”
- “True confessions: "I was a Palestinian Sex Slave"”
- “Israel is "temporarily" restoring fuel supply to Gaza to its pre-cut rates” (Why? Why should Israel do anything to help people trying to murder its citizens?)
- “FBI Wiretaps Dropped Due to Unpaid Bills” (Bush underfunds practically everything, but this is ridiculous.)
Two robins were sitting in a tree. “I’m really
hungry,” said the first one.
“Me, too,” said the second. “Let’s fly down and find
They flew down to the ground and found a nice plot of
newly plowed ground that was just full of worms. They
ate and ate and ate until they could eat no more.
“I’m so full I don’t think I can fly back up into the
tree,” said the first one.
“Me neither. Let’s just lay back here and bask in the
warm sun,” said the second.
“O.K.,” said the first. So they plopped down, basking
in the sun.
No sooner than they had fallen asleep, when a big fat
tom cat snuck up and gobbled them up. As the cat sat
washing his face after his meal, he thought ...
Are you sure?
This is a real groaner.
Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
“I just love baskin’ robins.”