Divine misconception of the day: Many people think believing and acting irrationally is harmless. What's The Harm? documents cases where people have been injured or killed due to irrationality. To make things worse, sometimes the person harmed is not the person being irrational. Please note that irrational beliefs and behavior is characteristic of certain religions, such as the severely misnamed “Christian Science” and snake-handlers. Whatever you believe, do not practice your religion foolishly; you cannot count on Divine protection. Psalms 116:6 does indeed say “YHWH is the guardian of the gullible”, but it that is not an excuse for folly; without Divine intervention, fools would probably drop dead in far higher numbers than they actually do.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Hamas Rabbit eat Jews”
- “Many States Elect Not to Use Flawed E-Voting Technology”
- “Palestinians Ask U.S. To Intervene in Suits Over Terrorist Attacks” (Losers. If they can blow themselves up, they ought to have the stomach to fight in court, too.)
- “Panel Cites Drop in U.S. Attention to Nuclear Arsenal”
- “Giant Duck-Billed Dino Discovered in Mexico”
- “Hubble and Spitzer find most distant galaxy”
- “Senate passes spy bill and phone immunity” (Disgraceful.)
- “Organic molecules found on alien world for first time”
- “Fighting the fear”
- “Date Set for Presidential Science Debate 2008”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.