Worthy cause of the day: Free Pollard Now (a truly pro-Israel president would pardon Jonathan Pollard).
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Police probe assault on 50 "witches"”: Major rule: First, collect evidence. If there is evidence, then hold a fair trial. Only if the verdict is guilty does punishment make sense. Anything else in a situation which is not an emergency (e.g., a psychopathic killer chasing someone down the street with a sharp knife) is stands a good chance of hurting someone innocent.
- “US Postal Service won't send "any matter containing religious materials contrary to Islamic faith" to overseas military post offices”: Trust the Bush administration to have a regulation in violation of freedom of religion.
- “Distorted Body Images: A Quick and Easy Way to Reduce Pain”
- “One World, Many Minds: Intelligence in the Animal Kingdom”
- “Indoctrinating Palestinian Children to Genocidal Hate
- “Incest may not be best, but marriage bans should be rolled back, scientists say
- “BBC's Christmas Odyssey”
- “Nothing Personal, You're Just Not My Type”
- “Six Legged Cinema”