Tuesday, December 30, 2008

3 Ṭeveth 5769: Global Family Day/Oh My! Day/Kwanzaa

Greetings.

Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
  1. “Making money at any price”:  If you can read this, thank a teacher.  As Rav Boteach correctly points out, Jewish educators are frequently undervalued, and I am certain this is correct for educators in general.
  2. “Virginity Pledge Doesn’t Stop Teen Sex”:  I am all for people remaining celibate until marriage, but at least some ways of trying to prevent premarital sex do not work. Apparently a pledge is among these, and the consequences can be dangerous.
Today’s news and commentary:Today’s weird thing, submitted by Barry, is “Nuking the Fridge: The Most Ridiculous Movie Moments of 2008”. This made me feel glad that the only movie I saw in a theater in the past year was The Dark Knight. Enjoy and share the weirdness.

Aaron

No comments: