Jewish date: 5 Kislew 5770 (Parasheth Wayyeṣe’).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Start Your Own Country Day.
Image of the Terran Empire via WikipediaNOTE: In celebration of today’s quasi-holiday, I hereby proclaim myself Emperor of the Terran Empire and demand ten million dollars in tribute from George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, and Karl Rove as a start towards their repentance for wrecking the economy.
(And, no, I do not expect anyone to take that seriously. I do not have anywhere near enough loyal readers to stage a planetary coup.)
Worthy cause of the day: “Take Action: Ask for renewable energy that keeps wildlands and wildlife safe”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Bomb-Proof Wallpaper Could Save You in a Natural Disaster”: I cannot make something like this up. Still cool!
- “The Jellyfish Menace”: I could not resist the title.
- “War Is Peace: Can Science Fight Media Disinformation?”
- “Plants Share Light If Neighbor Is Related”: Who knew?
- “Observations: Women should undergo fewer Pap tests for cervical cancer, medical group says”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.
Emperor Aaron I