Image Zemata thought was relevant via WikipediaGreetings.
Jewish date: 15 ’Adhar 5770 (Parashath Ki Thissa’).
Today’s quasi-holidays: National Surf and Turf Day, National Pig Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “MoveOn.org Political Action: Strip insurers of their antitrust exemption”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Can greener gadgets save us from e-waste?”
- “McKibben on Why Climate Change Denial Is Like the O.J. Trial”
- “California Assembly passes resolution for Cuss Free Week”
- “Toyota and the price of modernity”: Note: Everything we do entails some level of risk. The question is not whether anything is risky, but what level of risk we are willing to accept and what we can do to reduce the risk.
- “We Can’t Wish Away Climate Change”
- “Changing Climate, Changing Infections”
- “Are Pesticides from Plants Dangerous to Humans?”