Image which Zemata thought was relevant for some reason via WikipediaGreetings.
Jewish date: 12 ’Adhar 5770 (Parashath Teṣawweh).
Today’s quasi-holidays: National Pistachio Day, For Pete’s Sake Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “Save BioGems: Take Action: Whales in Danger”, “Take Action: Tell Royal Bank of Canada's CEO to Stop Financing the Tar Sands”, and “Take Action: Break Up Insurance Monopolies”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Forget x-ray vision, these fish have UV vision”
- “Space Junk Mess Getting Messier in Orbit”
- “It's in the Details: For Ecofriendly Auto Detailing, Do-It-Yourself Is the Only Way to Go”
- “Element 112 joins the periodic table”
- “Planet Unwinds in 'Death March'”
- “Tribes show best camels at beauty pageant”: I was not aware anyone considered camels beautiful.