Jewish date: 23 Shevaṭ 5770 (Parashath Mishpaṭim).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Charles Dickens Day, Wave All Your Fingers At Your Neighbors Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “Time to shame Sen. Shelby”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- Images of Pluto via Wikipedia“Winter Forecast: Art to Blanket Region”
- “Brain scan allows unconscious patient to communicate”
- “Ancient dialect extinct after last speaker dies”
- “With a little help, water can freeze as it heats up”
- “Prehistoric patterns: A dinosaur gets color from head to feathery tail”
- “Hubble catches Pluto red-faced”
- “USPTO Won't Accept Upside Down Faxes; Demands Resends”
- “JSUR? Yes, sir.”
- “Ancient East Asian Found in Roman Empire”
- “Ghostbusters: Authors of a new study propose a strict ban on medical ghostwriting”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.