Image via WikipediaGreetings.
Jewish date: 4 ’Adhar 5770 (Parashath Terumah).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Introduce a Girl to Engineering Day, National Battery Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “DemocracyForAmerica.com » Become a Citizen Co-Sponsor” (on health reform).
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Utah delivers vote of no confidence for 'climate alarmists'”: OK… Ask yourself who is more likely to be right about global warming: people who are experts on climatology and have spent their lives studying the situation, or a bunch of people who most likely have no training in climatology whatsoever? Mike Noel’s claim that “environmentalists were part of a vast conspiracy to destroy the American way of life and control world population through forced sterilisation and abortion” is especially revealing of the ill-informed, delusional nature of these politicians. I wish that every single politician who voted for this a decisive defeat in the next election.
- “Chronic health conditions in children are on the rise”
- “Our New Solar System: Fresh Views of Planets and Moons”
- “Using Lasers to Zap Mosquitoes”: No, I am not making this up. And it is not overkill.
- “Shot in the Arm: Has the U.S. Invested Enough Stimulus Money in Prevention?”
- “The dark side of geo: PleaseRobMe.com”
- “Note to Captain Kirk: Warp speed will kill you”
- “iPhone Owners Smashing Device to Get Upgrade”: This is a strange tribute to the sturdiness of the iPhone. Apparently they are very difficult to damage.
This is probably the best thing which has ever come out of the Terminator franchise. Enjoy and share the weirdness.