Jewish date: 17 Shevaṭ 5770 (Parashath Yithro).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Robinson Crusoe Day, Hula in the Coola Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “Oppose the Murkowski Attack on the Clean Air Act - The Petition Site”. Also, I donated platelets yesterday. Please consider donating blood or blood components yourself if you can and save some lives.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “The Scale of the Universe”: This should give a good sense of perspective.
- “Rotting Fish Spoil Ideas about Early Life-Forms' Simplicity”: I really do not make stuff like this up.
- “Researchers use infrared cameras to determine taste quality of Japanese beef”: Nor stuff like this.
- “Asexual Solution to a Parasite Problem”
- “Chemical Exposure Linked to Attention Deficit Disorder in Children”
- “Astronomers discover coolest sub-stellar body outside our solar system”
The War of the Worlds. And it happens in real life, too. So don’t make the mistake of the Martians, but make sure you get vaccinated against preventable diseases.
Enjoy and share the weirdness.