Image in lieu of a picture of an iPad via Wikipedia because Zemata refused to give me something I considered acceptable; this is Mary McLeod Bethune, FYIGreetings.
Jewish date: 5 Siwan 5770 (Parashath Naso’).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Mary McLeod Bethune Week, International Museum Day, Visit Your Relatives Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “Friends of the Earth U.S.: Say 'No!' to Offsets, 'Yes!' to Real Climate Solutions”, “Repower America | Tell Your Senators: Time to act!”, “An inconvenient truth about the climate bill”, and “Help Wild Tigers Survive - The Petition Site”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Stanford’s Robot Car Slides into Parking Spot Like a Badass (video)”
- “Harvard Starts Heart Outside Body, Preserves Organs for 10 Days”
- “British Medical Association: homeopathy is witchcraft | Bad Astronomy”
- “Texas congressman uses porn to kill science funding”
- “Why I Steal Movies… Even Ones I'm In”
- “Neanderthals not the only apes humans bred with”
- “Fat lips evolve at record speed”
- “"Google Flu Trends" Found to Be Nearly on Par with CDC Surveillance Data”
- “Baby Coral Home In by Sound”
- “Passwords, scams, and you”