Jewish date: 27 ’Iyyar 5770 (Parashath BeMidhbar).
Today’s quasi-holiday: Eat What You Want Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “CARE : Defending Dignity - Fighting Poverty : International Protecting Girls by Preventing Child Marriage Act”, “Stop Terrorists from Buying Guns and Explosives - The Petition Site”, “Friends of the Earth U.S.: Tell President Obama to Support a Financial Speculation Tax”, “Save BioGems: Take Action: Stop the Pebble Mine”, “Ban New Offshore Drilling - The Petition Site”, “Working Families » Take Action!: Sign the petition to Albany”, “Take Action: TrueMajority.org: Mr. President, THIS is why drilling is bad.”, “Empowering Women Can Save Children - The Petition Site”, and “Heart Disease and Stroke. You’re the Cure.: Ask Your Legislator to Override the Veto!”
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Comprehensive study of 'time twins' debunks astrology”: Completely unsurprising.
- “World's Biggest Beaver Dam Visible From Space”
- “U.S. Farmers Cope With Roundup-Resistant Weeds”: Yes, evolution is at work here.
- “A Single Molecule Computes Thousands of Times Faster than Your PC”
- “Unconventional thinkers or recklessly dangerous minds?”: About AIDS denialism and the question of how to deal with it. This is not a trivial issue since AIDS kills people.
- “Robots With Knives: A Study of Soft-Tissue Injury in Robotics”
Enjoy, share the weirdness, and keep that whatever away from your Tang.