Friday, December 2, 2011

An invalidated piano warranty and Muppets with the lights out

Jewish date:  6 Kislew 5772 (Parashath Wayyeṣe’).

Today’s events:  Special Education Day, National Fritters Day.

Greetings.

I know I do not blog anywhere nearly enough, and so today I give you two worthy weird things.

The first is The Bowed Piano Ensemble, which specializes in playing a grand piano in ways which piano makers probably never intended and probably invalidate the warranty.  They have a whole page of audio and video of their performances.

If that was not strange enough, the second is Nirvana’s “Smells Like Teen Spirit” covered by the Muppets.

I cannot possibly make something like this up, and I was surprised that the very serious Sam the Eagle had anything to do with this.  (Maybe they were trying to outweird 2CELLOS.)

Enjoy, share the weirdness, and Shabbath Shalom.

’Aharon/Aaron
Post a Comment