Worthy cause of the day: Remote Area Medical (Submitted by Barry.)
Today’s news and commentary:
- “His Ship Got Sunk (1988)”
- “Special Report: Globe and Mail Must Apologize”
- “One Year Analysis: Reuters 2007 "Pictures of the Month"”
- “Girl Talk: Are Women Really Better at Language?”
- “Palestinian Qassam rocket attack Against civilians in Israel”
- “Still Not At Rest (Extract)”
- “Channel 10: 73% dissatisfied with gov't attempts to stop Kassam fire” (Unsurprising. ’Olmerṭ, please resign and stop making yourself look stupid.)
- Fossil Fools Day (Not news or commentary per se. This is an interesting approach, but one that requires moral caution in application.)
- “Man-Made Flood Rushes Through Grand Canyon”
- “Why are different breeds of dogs all considered the same species?”
- “Science-Based Nutrition”
Things You Never Say to a Cop
1. I can’t reach my license unless you hold my beer. (OK in Texas)
2. Sorry, Officer, I didn’t realize my radar detector wasn’t plugged in.
3. Aren’t you the guy from the Village People?
4. Hey, you must’ve been doin’ about 125mph to keep up with me! Good job!
5. I thought you had to be in relatively good physical condition to be a Police Officer.
6. I was going to be a cop, but I decided to finish high school instead.
7. Bad Cop! No donut!
8. You’re not gonna check the trunk, are you?
9. Gee, that gut sure doesn’t inspire confidence.
10. Didn’t I see you get your butt kicked on Cops?
11. Wow, you look just like the guy in the picture on my girlfriend’s nightstand.
12. I pay your salary!
13. So, uh, you on the take, or what?
14. Gee, Officer! That’s terrific. The last Officer only gave me a warning, too!
15. Do you know why you pulled me over? Okay, just so one of us does.
16. I was trying to keep up with traffic. Yes, I know there is no other car around—that’s how far ahead of me they are.
17. What do you mean, “Have I been drinking?” You’re the trained specialist.
18. Well, when I reached down to pick up my bag of crack, my gun fell off my lap and got lodged between the brake pedal and the gas pedal, and forcing me to speed out of control.
19. Hey, is that a 9 mm? That’s nothing compared to this .44 magnum.