Jewish date: 8 Nisan 5769.
Today’s quasi-holiday: National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- Countries behaving badly: “Police arrest underground Zhengding bishop Jia Zhiguo”, “Laos: Police Destroy Church Building In Village”, “UZBEKISTAN: Cleric takes part in police raid on religious community”, “Saudi government cracks down on Shiite dissidents”, and “Young Christian man killed in Orissa in what police describe as an 'accident'”. And for a lot more, “US names religious freedom violators”
- “Rhode Island Episcopal Priest Expelled From Church For Devotion to Islam”. Serves her right for the blatant contradiction.
- “Cults or Alternative Religions?”: This article correctly notes that “cult“ is a term which indicates how one feels about a religion but says nothing about what the religion is like.
- “Netanyahu (1996)”
- “Pockets of Vaccine Noncompliance in California” and “In Jenny McCarthy’s own words”
- “Scientists Find 'Baffling' Link between Autism and Vinyl Flooring”
- “Bedbugs transmit bites and angst, but not disease, study says”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.