Jewish date: 28 ’Elul 5769.
Today’s quasi-holidays: Constitution Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “Help us hold the line: All major advertisers have left Beck: Help us keep them from returning” and “Send a Message to The New York Helmsley Hotel”.
Before discussing anything today, I would like to note that the Days of Awe, Ro’sh hashShanah (one of the Jewish new years; we have 4) and Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) will be here very soon. One of the themes of these holidays is repentance. In that spirit, I would like to apologize to anyone I have inadvertently offended. I am human and have my own share of faults, and I make my fair share of stupid mistakes to try to avoid repeating in the coming year. (YHWH help me, please!) I also grant forgiveness to all of those who have inadvertently sinned against me, whether or not they apologize; there are enough problems in this world, and I do not want to make them any worse by bearing a grudge which will seem stupid and pointless in the long run.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “iSniff: Pocket-Size Pollution Sensors Promise Big Improvement in Monitoring Personal Environment”
- “FDA approves H1N1 swine flu vaccines”
- “An Influenza Primer”: Note: This would be a good time to go out and get vaccinated.
- “Maori legend of man-eating bird is true”: No, this is not as crazy as it sounds.
- “First Detailed Photos of Atoms”