Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Beware of octopuses bearing coconut halves

Greetings.

Jewish date:  29 Kislew 5770 (Parashath MiqQeṣ).

Today’s quasi-holidays:  Barbie and Barney Backlash Day, National Chocolate Covered Anything Day.


Worthy cause of the day:  “WakeUpWalMart.com - Hope for the Holidays 2009”.


NOTE:  I took a lot of flack yesterday over my comments on Esperanto from Esperanto enthusiasts.  If any Esperanto enthusiasts want to submit something on what is wrong with Hebrew, equivalent to what I posted on Esperanto, I will give it serious consideration.

Today’s news and commentary:
{{nl|octopus vulgaris}}Image via Wikipedia
Today’s weird thing is “A tool-wielding octopus? This invertebrate builds armor from coconut halves”.  I never expected octopuses to do that, which goes to show how full of surprises reality is.  Enjoy, share the weirdness, and happy Ḥanukkah.

Aaron
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]
Post a Comment