Jewish date: 26 Tishri 5771 (Parashath Noaḥ).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Ten-Four Day, National Golf Day, World Animal Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “Stop 'Corn Sugar' Now!”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Wasted Food Equals Wasted Energy”
- “Empathy’s failures”: This is a scary look into the human conscience.
- “Reflective "death ray" torments Vegas sunbathers”: Thank Barry for pointing this one out.
- “Ten Worst Passwords on the Web”: If you use a password like any of these, please consider changing it. All of these are pretty lame.
- “Every single Republican Senate hopeful is against climate change action”: I am trying to stay out of American politics right now, preparing as I am to move to Israel, but this just scares me.
- “No U.N. 'Alien Ambassador' as the Bets Roll In”
- “The Pink Panther of Swindon: White cat is abandoned after guerilla grooming session leaving her so bright she 'glows in the dark'”: Think Eureka the Pink Kitten from L. Frank Baum’s Oz books.
- “FBI drive for encryption backdoors is déjà vu for security experts”
- “This is a news website article about a scientific finding”
- “A Look At The Technologies and Industries Senators Leahy and Hatch Would Have Banned In The Past”
- “Insect Dinners - Waiter, There’s Soup in My Bug”
- “Dying to Eat: A Graphical View of U.S. Obesity”
- “WTF, kids swearing earlier now, researcher says”