Worthy cause of the day: MoveOn.org Political Action: Stop Corruption First.
I know we had a National Clean-off-your-desk Day on Sunday, but today we get the non-hyphenated version. (I do not invent holidays and quasi-holidays. I just report them.) In celebration of this quasi-holiday, today I am cleaning off my desktop again. (I have to do this regularly anyway. It is way too easy for weird stuff to accumulate there.)
- “Medicare Drug Benefit Won't Help All Equally” (Summary: Bush hates the poor.)
- “The strange arm of the law: offbeat escapades from 2005” (Suggested by Barry)
- “One-Eyed Cat Had Medical Condition” (Suggested by Barry. WARNING: Picture of one-eyed cat may induce queasiness.)
- “Libraries Have Books Bound in Human Skin” (Suggested by Barry. I know: Ew! Creepy!)
- “Algae like a breath mint for smokestacks”
- “Law may force Wal-Mart to subside healthcare” (Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank God!)
- “Binge eating worse than being unfaithful?” (I’m considering putting this one in my list of religious fallacies and misinformation.)
PS: Anyone wishing me to invent holidays or quasi-holidays, let me know. I may consider it and even make a game out of whether I can pass off fake holidays and quasi-holidays as if they are real ones.