Today’s news and commentary, some of which Barry and someone who seems to wish to be nameless are responsible for:
- “"Freegans" forage for food in bins”
- “Congress approves $1.7b for Egypt” (Considering that Egypt is a hostile, totalitarian state, why?)
- “Abbas stuns Hamas with talk of referendum” (Summary: Abbas is trying to hold on to power.)
- “Main points of document to be put to to referendum by Abbas” (Summary: Abbas is making promises he has no hope of keeping.)
- “Blacks should demand privacy, freedom for all”
- “Study: ADHD drugs send thousands to ERs”
- “Going the Behavior Route”
- “Feared Saudi religious police reined in”“Whistle-Blower's Evidence, Uncut”
- “The RFID Hacking Underground”
- “Scientists ponder invisibility cloak”
An honest man was being tailgated by a stressed-out woman on a busy boulevard. Suddenly, the light turned yellow, just in front of him. He did the right thing, stopping at the crosswalk, even though he could have beaten the red light by accelerating through the intersection.
The tailgating woman hit the roof, and the horn, screaming in frustration as she missed her chance to get through the intersection with him.
As she was still in mid-rant, she heard a tap on her window and looked up into the face of a very serious police officer. The officer ordered her to exit her car with her hands up. He took her to the police station where she was searched, fingerprinted, photographed, and placed in a cell.
After a couple of hours, a policeman approached the cell and opened the door. She was escorted back to the booking desk where the arresting officer was waiting with her personal effects.
He said, "I'm very sorry for this mistake. You see, I pulled up behind your car while you were blowing your horn, flipping the guy off in front of you, and cussing a blue streak at him. I noticed the 'Choose Life' license plate holder, the 'What Would Jesus Do' bumper sticker, the 'Follow Me to Sunday School' bumper sticker, and the chrome-plated Christian fish emblem on the trunk. Naturally, I assumed you had stolen the car."