Relevant to today’s holiday: The Orthodox Union’s page on Israel Independence Day 5766 and the Dry Bones cartoon “Yom HaAtzmaut”.
- “The New DARPA Robot Car Challenge? City Driving”
- “The Iranian earthquake threat” (Apparently Israel is not the only nation threatened by Iranian nuclear weapons.)
- “VOA News - UN Says World Falling Behind in Child Nutrition Goal”
- “Study Shows Americans Sicker Than English ” (I suspect there's a prevention aspect to this.)
- “Nine states sue Bush over fuel efficiency”
- “Cash card taps virtual game funds”
- “Net neutrality missing from sweeping telecom bill”
- “The U.S. Chamber of Stealth”
Engineers and Cars
There were three engineers in a car; an electrical engineer, a chemical engineer and a Microsoft engineer.
Suddenly the car stops running and they pull off to the side of the road wondering what could be wrong.
The electrical engineer suggests stripping down the electronics of the car and trying to trace where a fault might have have occurred. The chemical engineer, not knowing much about cars, suggests maybe the fuel is becoming emulsified and getting blocked somewhere. The Microsoft engineer came up with a suggestion:
-- Why don't we close all the windows, get out, get back in, and open all the windows and see if it works?