Relevant to Save a Rhino Day: The “Rhinoceros” article on Wikipedia and Save the Rhino International.
Today’s backlog of news:
- “Sweden's anti-peace policy”
- The Malki Foundation | "This Ongoing War"
- “That Hamas "truce"”
- “Health: 'Vintage' Bugs Return”
- “League of Dictators?” (Submitted by Barry.)
- “Next step in pirating: Faking a company”
- “Wal-marts Wikipedia War”
- “Tech Giants' Internet Battles”
- “Congress may consider mandatory ISP snooping”
- “Make the system work”
- “Report reveals number of secret FBI subpoenas”
- “Israel mum on Iran heading nuke commission”
- “Egypt extends emergency law”
- “Fruitcake from ’62 as good as new” (Submitted by Barry, I think.)
Subject: Juding People
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:16:49 -0700
If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had syphilis, would you recommend that she have an abortion?
It is time to elect a new world leader, and only your vote counts. Here are the facts about the three leading candidates.
Candidate A -
Associates with crooked politicians, and consults with astrologists. He's had two mistresses. He also chain smokes and drinks 8 to 10 martinis a day.
Candidate B -
He was kicked out of office twice, sleeps until noon, used opium in college and drinks a quart of whiskey every evening.
Candidate C -
He is a decorated war hero. He's a vegetarian, doesn't smoke, drinks an occasional beer and never cheated on his wife.
Which of these candidates would be your choice?
Candidate A is Franklin D. Roosevelt.
Candidate B is Winston Churchill.
Candidate C is Adolph Hitler.
And, by the way, the answer to the abortion question:
If you said yes, you just killed Beethoven.
Pretty interesting isn't it? Makes a person think before judging someone.
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember: Amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic
Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:
* 29 have been accused of spousal abuse
* 7 have been arrested for fraud
* 19 have been accused of writing bad checks
* 117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
* 3 have done time for assault
* 71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
* 14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
* 8 have been arrested for shoplifting
* 21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
* 84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year
Can you guess which organization this is?
Give up yet?
It's the 535 members of the United States Congress. The same group of idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.
You gotta pass this one on.