Note: Hanukkah starts tonight!
Worthy cause of the day (submitted by Barry): “Stop a Bush War with Iran”. War with Iran may yet be necessary, but if so, I’d rather it be done by rational leaders who know what they are doing rather than Bush, who considers war something one does even without a good reason to do so. See “Report contradicts Bush on Iran nuclear program” for information—or rather confusion—on what is happening in Iran.
Today’s news and commentary, some of which Barry is responsible for:
- “Happy Hanukkah (1991)”
- “Secret Army Of Gnomes Under Scotland's Seas”
- “Computer Storage (1956)”
- “"Naughty" nations in a coal lot of trouble in Bali”
- “FDA science dearth puts public health at risk”
- “TASER Seeks to Zap Safety Concerns”
- “Official Leaves Post as Texas Prepares to Debate Science Education Standards” (Would Jesus approve of what these Christian creationists are doing?)
- “Scientists say mummified dinosaur reveals surprises”
- “Divorce Squanders Earth's Resources”