Jewish date: 13 Tammuz 5770 (Parashath Balaq).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Take Your Dog to Work Day, Log Cabin Day.
Worthy cause of the day: “Obama: Keep Your Promises to End Hunger! - The Petition Site”, “JCRC-NY Write to Gilad Shalit”, “Join financial titans in telling Congress: Crack down on Wall Street abuses. | Progressive Change Campaign Committee”, “Save the Internet: Take Action!: Stop the Secret Meetings at the FCC”, “Tell Hillary Clinton: Stand up to Blackwater”, “Health Care for America NOW! | Stand Up for Your New Rights”, “Repower America | Tell Our Leaders: Clean Energy Now!”, “Take Action: Call on BP to pay for all cleanup costs and fines”, “action.firedoglake.com | Tell BP to Protect Gulf Cleanup Workers”, “"Drill, Baby, Drill" comes to Discovery?”, and “Less than 10 Days before a Yeshiva Will Be Destroyed”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “A wizard's words finally set free”
- “Make-A-Wish turns one child's backyard into the Millennium Falcon”
- “Experto Crede: Climate Expertise Lacking among Global Warming Contrarians: Scientific American”
- “Little Man, What Now?: Peanuts and the Existential Crisis”
- “Finding the "Weapons" of Persuasion to Save Energy”
- “7th-Graders Discover Mysterious Cave on Mars”
(I’ve got a whole bunch of Pac-Man things, and you're going to have to suffer through all of them.) Enjoy, share the weirdness, and Shabbath shalom.