Jewish date: 25 Siwan 5770 (Parashath Qoraḥ).
Today’s quasi-holidays: International Clothesline Week, Daniel Boone Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “Save BioGems: Take Action: Stop the Pebble Mine”, “74 Democrats sold you out to AT&T, Verizon and Comcast”, “Stop Shell Oil's Offshore Drilling Plans in the Arctic - Take Action Today @ The Rainforest Site”, “Congress: close the hedge fund loophole”, “DCCC | Oil Spill is 'not an environmental disaster'? Sign our petition to set GOP Rep Young straight”, and “Save the International Affairs Budget - The Petition Site”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Obese Sydney bird sent to birdy bootcamp”
- “Restaurant tells diners to eat up or else”
- “Peak Wood: Nature Does Impose Limits”
- “Jedi Mind Tricks: Scientists Probe the Psychology of Darth Vader”׃ I find your lack of faith that this is a real article disturbing.
- “How The U.S. Government Killed The Safest Car Ever Built”
- “Quick tips to foil Mac break-in attempts”
- “Windows, Mac, or Linux: It's Not the OS, It's the User”
- “Go veggie, cut fossil fuels to aid planet: study”
Image of the wrong Pac-Man via WikipediaToday’s weird thing is “Pac Man: The Movie” (actually a trailer for a non-existent movie):
Enjoy and share the weirdness.