Monday, March 7, 2005

Late-breaking weird news: Aaron thinks a Republican wants to do the right thing

Greetings.

In my last post before my two-day absence (or one-and-a-half-day absence; I could post Tuesday evening), I would like to announce that a Republican may actually want to do something genuinely good, namely that Arnold Schwarzenegger supports banning junk food sales at California schools. As an epidemiologist, I know high levels junk food consumption are very, very bad for people (they make people obese and give them diabetes), and I welcome politicians actually doing something about the junk food problem rather than making excuses for allowing our children to fall victim to predatory advertising. Now let’s hope he follows through with what he says he wants...

Aaron

No comments: