Tuesday, April 5, 2005

Weird thing of the day 5 April 2005/25 'Adhar Sheni 5765 (National Workplace Napping Day/Go For Broke Day/Stop the Clocks Day)

Greetings.

Personal events update: Not only did I get a paper accepted into the British Journal of Cancer yesterday, but I also had a poster abstract accepted for an epidemiology convention in Toronto in June, and I received my passport in the mail. Now I can leave the country without having to automatically make ‘aliyyah or claiming to be a refugee from George W. Bush.

Political update:
  • For once I’m going to pick on China, which really deserves it but doesn’t get enough press over it. “Jailed 'Killer' Freed After Wife Turns Up Alive” is an article of which the title is nowhere as bad as the actual content; the amount of abuse reported is downright scary.
  • MoveOn PAC has another petition, this one demanding an exit strategy from Iraq
Today’s weird thing is the article “'Living' robots powered by muscle”. There is no way I can describe this.

Enjoy.

Aaron

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for not attacking my people for once. Now stop putting all those special characters in your posts because I am tired of them being misread and seeing all those euro symbols.

Rupert Hippo said...

This is an equal-opportunity attack blog: I attack anyone who I feel deserves it, regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc. My fellow Jews and Americans have not been exempt by any means.

If you’re seeing euro symbols, then your browser is probably using the wrong text encoding; it should be set to UTF-8.