Worthy causes of the day, suggested by Barry: “Bears Need Our Help! Pass the Bear Protection Act of 2008”, “Baby Boomers Set to Lose Medicare Services! Sign the Letter to Congress”, and “Fight for a Fair FISA Fix”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Good News, Bad News from the Gulf”
- “The Pope vs American Jews (1987)”
- “Fighting Global Islamist Ideology the Key to War on Terror”
- “Court rejects Sderot petition demanding gov't funds for faster protection” (I have no clue what the Israeli government is collectively thinking, but this is grossly indecent.)
- “Insurers Increasingly Requiring People To Pay Percentage of Cost of Some High-Priced Prescription Drugs” (As if co-pays weren’t bad enough.)
- “S.Africa museum says stolen rhino horns could be deadly”