Note: Since Pesaḥ (Passover) is coming up soon, you may want to look over two reviews I did on relevant material: “There can be miracles when you disbelieve: a review of The Prince of Egypt” and “You cut up the Bible, you bloody baboon!: A review of The Ten Commandments and The Ten Commandments: The Musical”.
Worthy causes of the day, courtesy of Barry: “Promote Human Rights in China”, “Tell President Bush not to attend the Olympics”, and “Congress Must Protect Our Drinking Water”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “China's Olympics Problem (1976)”
- “Passing over Passover”
- “Nahal Oz: A Case Study in Flawed Reporting”
- “Cognition-enhancing drugs common among academics” (Somehow this does not surprise me.)
- “Jihad Comes to Wall Street”
- “New Super-Earth is Smallest Yet ”
- “Studying Placebo Effects”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.