Worthy causes of the day, many of which Barry is responsible for: “Stop Florida Budget Cuts to Abused Children”, “Tell Congress: Investigate the Propaganda Pundits”, “Uphold New Orleans Residents' Right to Return Home”, “Start Early: Take a Stand on Pre-K”, “Endorse the Responsible Plan to End the Iraq War”, “Oppose the Path of Destruction”, and “Chill the Drills - Protect Alaska's Polar Bear Seas”.
Today’s news and commentary, much of which Barry is also responsible for:
- “Islamic schools lure African boys into begging” (Shameful!)
- “When bananas ruled the world”
- “Yahoo! Movies Presents: The 10 Most Historically Inaccurate Movies”
- “Bureaucracy's victim: 50 years for a crime that never was”
- “Billionaire Texas oil man makes big bets on wind”
- “Back in the USSR: Soviet Internet domain name resists death”
- “Math Paper” (OK, this is just a joke. So sue me. It’s my blog, and I’ll include anything I want.)
- “Turkey under fire over laws banning insults to "Turkishness"”
I have been sitting on this one for a while since 1) it is 1 hour 44 minutes long, requiring a good-sized block of time just to watch it, and 2) I was not going to post anything that long the week before Pesaḥ, when people needed to be getting ready. Ḥol hamMo‘edh seemed a more appropriate time. Enjoy, share the weirdness, and ḥagh sameaḥ.