Worthy cause of the day: “Improve Health Care For Female Veterans”.
Cool thing of the day: Rinkitink in Oz by L. Frank Baum with the original illustrations, courtesy of the nice people at Project Gutenberg.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Shakespeare to Blame for Introduction of European Starlings to U.S.”
- “Woman Wakes Up After Family Says Goodbye, Tubes Pulled”
- “Why the octopus still won't twirl in Detroit” (I am confused about what the octopuses were doing there in the first place.)
- “Cell 'organs' get plastic upgrades”
- “China Sacks Plastic Bags”
- “'Tunnel' links New York to London”
- “Jupiter Breaks Out in Spots ”
- “We Have to Draw the Line Somewhere”
- “Yamaha wearable motorcycle concept will likely remain just that”