Worthy cause of the day: “WORLD LEADERS: DO NOT RECOGNISE MUGABE”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions: “New Zealand man puts up his soul for auction”. This is obviously ridiculous since 1) souls are not material objects, but rather information encoded (in this universe) in brains (and maybe digitally in the future) and 2) souls are not property. Just as one cannot meaningfully sell one’s brain (at least not without becoming a slave), selling the soul encoded within one’s brain is also not meaningful.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “4th of July (1983)”
- “Runway tractor carrying potatoes mashes car”
- “EU Pushes Unity Government in Zimbabwe” (OK, let’s think about this. Mugabe blatantly cheated in the election. Why should he be allowed to be part of the government at all?)
- “The Bait and Switch of Unscientific Medicine”
- “Mideast Summer Camps: By the Numbers”
- “The Death of Gallium”
- “FTC recruiting identity theft victims”
- “Nowthen, Minn., I think our city has a name”
- “Marketing Execs And Privacy Execs Disagree Over What Companies Do With Private Info”
- “PC Outrage of the Month”