Worthy cause of the day: “United Against Nuclear Iran » Sign the petition” (I fully expect the next president of the United States, be it Obama or McCain, to do nothing of substance against Iran and that Israel will have to level Tehran on their own) and “Tell the FCC: Open White Spaces for Everyone”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions: “Israeli court clears way for Jerusalem museum”: Submitted by Barry. Basically, part of a 300-400 year old Muslim cemetery has been designated to be used to build “The Museum of Tolerance”. Muslims cried fowl over this, despite the fact that they had previously let other parts be turned into a parking lot and a hotel without objection. I hope this is not an unwitting comment on Muslim attitudes towards tolerance.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Halloween (1994)”
- Tom the Dancing Bug 2008-10-29
- “UMN Obliterates The World Record For Most Flu Shots In One Day”: This is a very worthy record for them to have set. Please make sure you, too, get your flu shot soon and help save time, money, effort, and lives from being wasted needlessly. Remember: getting a flu shot does not merely lower your chances of getting the flu; it also lowers the chances you will pass the flu on to other people. Do everyone else a favor and get vaccinated.
- “Sarah Palin's latest swat at science”
- “Rafah cemetery collapses into smuggling tunnels”: Now who is treating Muslim cemeteries shabbily?
- “Alaska G.O.P. Still Backs Re-election for Stevens”: You would think the Republicans would simply cede that seat to the Democrats and save themselves the negative publicity.
- “Descent Into Durban 2”
- “Gaza Tunnels: By the Numbers”