I am pleased to report that I have survived the Yom Kippur fast, and I have put up my sukkah. Unfortunately, my blood sugar was a bit low when I did it, so the tarps ended up tied on in a rather irregular fashion. Decorations should go up Sunday (YHWH willing).
Worthy causes of the day: “BUY-IN NOT BAILOUT - GLOBAL PUBLIC RESCUE” and “Keep Colorado's Roadless Area Protected!”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Counting Islamists”: Very scary statistics and the methodology behind them.
- “The latest make-out spot: Al Aqsa Mosque!”: This is a a great example of a major violation of the unwritten rules of religion: Sheikh Raed Salah of the Islamic Movement in Israel made up baseless accusations about Jews doing various things offensive to Islam on and under the Temple Mount. It should go without saying that lying is unacceptable because lies are not the truth; people may believe the lies and act on them, thus harming innocent people. Even if one claims those targeted are actually guilty of crimes anyway, then let the accuser lay out the actual crimes. If an accuser has to invent the accused’s crimes, that is tantamount to admitting the accused is innocent and thus unworthy of attack. Raed Salah does not even have the sense to lie well; one would think someone would have snapped a few pictures of Israel police drinking or committing adultery in the Dome of the Rock. The reality is quite the contrary, with the Israeli government doing everything it can to reign in Jewish hopes for rebuilding the Temple, including not letting Jews even pray on the Temple Mount and letting the waqf commit archaeological sabotage with impunity. Frankly, if it makes no difference whether the Israeli government sucks up to the Muslims or not, there is no point at all letting Muslims desecrate the Temple Mount, period. May it be YHWH’s will that the next Israeli government dissolve the waqf, ban all Islamic activity on and inside the Temple Mount, unceremoniously destroy the Dome of the Rock and the Dome of the Chain, rebuild the Temple, and restore the sacrificial service, if for no other reason than to drive the message home that Islamic anti-Semitism will be neither tolerated or rewarded!
- “Government report: Data mining doesn't work well” (Even if it did work, would anyone expect the Bush administration to do it right?)
- “Deadly by the Dozen: 12 Diseases Climate Change May Worsen”
- “Many workers do not respect their bosses”
- “Economic woes may give planet a breather”