Worthy cause of the day: “Support Responsible Energy Corridor Development!”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Archaeologists report finding oldest Hebrew text”: (Submitted by Barry.) Summary: Archaeologists have found a 3,000-year-old Hebrew inscription 20 km away from Jerusalem. In case anyone (<COUGH> Arabs <COUGH>) wants to forget the fact, Jews have a very long history in Israel.
- “Why Children Like to Share”: Maybe human nature is not as bad as people often make it out to be.
- “Mills and Boon is more embarrassing than the Bible”: Not quite sure what to make of this.
- “To Ethiopia, in search of The Ark”: The Ethiopian Orthodox Tewahedo Church claims that they have the Ark of the Covenant, only they refuse to show it to anyone. The excuse that anyone who actually sees it will “burst into flames” is not attested anywhere in the Hebrew Bible. The fact that they refuse to substantiate that they have the Ark in any way, shape, or form should be a warning sign that the claim is probably false.
- “Trick or Treat”
- “Elvis ranked top-earning dead celebrity”
- “McCain’s and Obama’s Public Commitments to Address Global Poverty: Final Report”: Possibly useful for voters.
- “Messenger Finds Blue Goo on Mercury”: Great headline.
- “How to Keep Waste Oil Out of the Water Supply”
- “MTV Bleeps File Sharing Software Out Of Music Videos” with the unbleeped version of the cited video, “Don't Download This Song” by Weird Al Yankovic
- “32 Nearby Stars”: Cool thing done with Flash
- “Chocolate: Treat or Trick?”: This is VERY bad news.