Worthy causes of the day: “Stop the Bush/Cheney Assault on Endangered Species”, “Hold China's Government Accountable for the Safety of Its People”, and “Tell the EPA: No new rules to benefit dirty power plants.”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “Home Depot for the Holidays”: This is a report on a wandering message claiming falsely that Home Depot’s Web-site makes absolutely no mention of Christmas, even for blatant Christmas products. This seems to be part of the ongoing “war on Christmas” paranoia. Major rule: Many accusations are false; be skeptical.
- “Dole challenger irate over suggestion she is 'godless'”: Summary: Elizabeth Dole, trying to retain her Senate seat, has claimed that her opponent, Kay Hagan, is “godless”. This is a ridiculous accusation since Hagan is a Presbyterian church elder, regardless of whether she had a political meeting with atheists or not. All politicians have to pay attention to people who might vote for them, whether or not they agree with their religious views. Shame on Elizabeth Dole.
- “Radio-Canada Wrong In Airing Pro-Palestinian Advocacy Film”
- “To Pluto With Postage: Nine Souvenirs Stow Away on NASA Probe”
- “Widespread Vaccination Keeps Unvaccinated Flu-Free”: As I said before: Get a flu shot and spare other people from getting the flu!
- “KEYS CAN BE COPIED FROM AFAR, JACOBS SCHOOL COMPUTER SCIENTISTS SHOW”
- “World without Frogs: Combined Threats May Croak Amphibians”
- “Ten things you don’t know about black holes”
- “Warmer Antarctica Shows Climate Changing on Every Continent”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.