Worthy causes of the day: “Tell Congress to Ban BPA From Baby Bottles and Other Products”, “Ask Obama to support the World’s poorest people”, “Support a Strong International Affairs Budget”, and “A hand up, not a hand-out”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “What if Starbucks Marketed Like a Church? A Parable” (with a tip of the hat to Crummy Church Signs):
This video is a bit of Christian introspection on what not to do when marketing a church, namely that one should avoid freaking people out. It is very nice to see self-criticism like this.
- “Candid criminal: undercover psychologists find bad behavior may be contagious”: Another reason not to be evil. Never forget that humans are imitative.
- “Soft Economy”
- “Scientists Sequence Half the Woolly Mammoth's Genome”
- “Good news and bad on cholesterol levels: study”
- “Cell Phone Use Endangers Boneheads”: This is not surprising.
- “Volunteers make 143 tons of spicy kimchi in Seoul”
- “NY couple, trucker help injured butterfly migrate”
- “Wine Made from Tiger Bones”: Besides the fact that tigers are endangered, please keep in mind that traditional Chinese remedies have for the most part not been demonstrated to actually work, so tigers may well be dying in vain.