Worthy cause of the day: “We need a progressive alternative to the Bush Bailout.”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
- “'666' road sign thefts bedeviling roadways”: I cannot make this up. You would think people worried about numerology would have something better to do with their time.
- “And now for Kol Nidre . . .”: To just quote the whole, short post:
Meyer called his Rabbi and said, "I know tonight is Kol Nidre, but the Twins start the playoffs. Rabbi. I'm a lifelong fan. I've got to watch the Twins game on TV."Yes, this is a joke, but it is scarily close to how some Christians are reported to behave on Superbowl Sunday.
The Rabbi responds, "Meyer, that's what VCRs are for."
Meyer is surprised. "You mean I can tape Kol Nidre"?
- “meat meets meat”
- “Credit Canard” (Apparently someone did foresee the disaster with Fannie Mae
- “Warning: If antibiotics won't work, don't take them” (Antibiotics do not work against viruses. And overuse of antibiotics only breeds for antibiotic-resistant microbes.)
- “What a show: Cigarette sets off fireworks in car” (Synergistic disaster.)
- “Snap, crackle and pop: How healthy are kids' breakfast cereals?” (Too much sugar in cereal was a problem when I was a child. You would have thought they would have fixed it by now.)
- “The Science of Gossip: Why We Can't Stop Ourselves”
- “Project Censored: The top 10 stories the US news media missed in the past year”
- “Presidential Elections Up Car Crashes”
- “Plastics in Our Diet: The Need for BPA Regulation”
- “NY judge: PLO can't disguise terror as war”
- “Hackers clone Elvis's passport”
- “Mackerel Economics in Prison Leads to Appreciation for Oily Fillets” (Submitted by Barry.)
- “Fact check: Context of key debate claims”