Jewish date: 7 ’Elul 5769.
Today’s quasi-holiday: International Kitchen Garden Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “Fight Back Against Health Reform Myths” and “Protect Bristol Bay Wildlife”.
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions: “Yale Intimidated”: Because one intimidates or forces someone into silence, it does not actually make what they have to say wrong. (Someone morally impaired could actually prove this experimentally. And then this person would probably be killed by something he/she tried to intimidate out of existence.) Furthermore, if other people know this is occurring, it invites the suspicion that what the intimidator has to say is wrong; if he/she were right, he/she could use the much more viable tactic of giving evidence.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Christian Science Monitor: Erasing Jewish Rights”
- “Licensed Memory in Windows Vista”: Translation for non-computer geeks: The evidence is that Microsoft deliberately crippled the 32-bit version of Windows Vista so it will only use 4 gigabytes of RAM. This makes for the excuse of charging users who want to use more than 4 gigabytes of RAM for a 64-bit version of Windows which costs more.
- “Newfound Planet Might Be Near Death ”
- “High-Speed Robot Hand Demonstrates Dexterity and Skillful Manipulation”
- “NYC's 'skinniest' house has fat price tag: $2.7M”
Enjoy and share the weirdness.