Jewish date: 13 ’Av 5769.
Today’s holiday: Monday of the Eighteenth Week of Ordinary Time.
Today’s quasi-holiday: National Watermelon Day.
Worthy causes of the day: “Sign the letter to tell senators: health care can't wait!” and “Health Reform Legislation Fails to Include Children: Urgent Action!”
Relevant to Divine Misconceptions: “The Corruption Charges against the NJ Rabbis”: Jumping to conclusions about what the cause of a problem is unjustified. This is doubly unjustified when the conclusion is a cliché.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Blind can take wheel with vehicle designed by university engineering design team”: I am not making this up!
- “Skeptic's Take on the Life and Argued Works of Shakespeare”
- “There is no WiFi allergy: newspapers misreport PR as science”
- “Solar Customers Fuming Over Proposed Fee”: If one is going to lie, one should at least not lie transparently. No one respects doing something wrong badly.
- “Fungus Makes Zombie Ants Do All the Work”
- “Interorbital Systems – TubeSat Personal Satellite Kit”