Image via WikipediaGreetings.
Jewish date: 22 ’Av 5770 (Parashath Re’eh).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Emancipation Day/August Festival (British Virgin Islands), Emancipation Day/August Monday (Anguilla, the Bahamas), International Dadaism Month, Anniversary of Official Signing of the Declaration of Independence (USA).
Worthy causes of the day: “Ask Your Reps to Support the National Alzheimer's Project Act - The Petition Site”, “Support Clean Energy Jobs - Take Action Today @ The Rainforest Site”, and “Tell the FDA to Come Clean About Gulf Seafood - The Petition Site”. Also along the lines of something worthy to do: Save the oak trees.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “A Solar Salamander”
- “Exclusive: I Used BlindType, Virtual Keyboard of the Future”
- “Genes from Ebola Virus Family Found in Human Genome”: I really could not make something like this up.
- “$20 Wikipedia Reader Uses 8-Bit Computing Power”
- “NASA identifies Top Ten space junk missions”
- “Car Thieves Picky About Color”: Also titled “Love Pink? Car Thieves Don’t”.
- “They Are Making Battleship Into a Movie. No Seriously, They Are Making Battleship Into a Movie.”: Submitted by Barry.
Enjoy and share the weirdness.