Jewish date: 24 ’Av 5770 (Parashath Re’eh).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Coast Guard Day, Emancipation Day/August Festival (British Virgin Islands).
Worthy cause of the day: “Tell Mott's: get the scabs out of your applesauce!”.
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Four Deformations of the Apocalypse”: I knew Republicans were bad for the economy. Here is why. In the meantime, I am working to get out of the country.
- “Industry-sponsored drug trials more likely to report positive results”: This is completely unsurprising to me.
- “Prankster jailbreaks Apple Store display iPhone”: If one is going to do something wrong, one might as well do something daring.
There may be a ninja in this image from Wikipedia, but you would never know itToday’s weird thing is “34 Things I Learned From Video Games”. This list gives valuable information for anyone trying to survive on the mean streets such as:
- “You never run out of ammunition, just grenades.”
- “Ninjas are common, and fight in public frequently.”
- “Repulsive, ugly, cannabalistic, evil beings have just as much right to be loved as heroic fighters.”