Reminder: Enter The Weird Thing of the Day Dune Fantastic Religion Contest for a chance to win fame and glory, and to get to pick the weird thing of the day for a week.
Today’s weird things are a bunch of things which are cluttering up my desktop.
- “A Flexible, 9-Ft. Whale Tooth With Super-Sensing Power?” (Never underestimate what God can create through selective breeding.)
- “Strange new object found at edge of Solar System” (This one is nicknamed “Buffy”. Considering we have seen “Xena” and “Gabrielle” already, I am expecting “Spock” next...)
- “Children Learn by Monkey See, Monkey Do. Chimps Don't”
- “More Blacks Live With Pollution”
- “SUDAN: Thousands of children exploited - UNICEF” (UN: 0. Forces of evil: 73,000,000.)
- “Taxation and Dina Demalchusa”, which is a devar Thorah (sermon) which struck my fancy by dealing with the mundane topic of taxes and what the reasoning behind paying them is in Jewish law. I am not clear if the rabbi who wrote this intended just a hint of a political comment or not.