Today’s news and commentary:
- “The Turkeys That Give Thanks (1984)”
- “What's your solution?”
- “How to Fight Anti-Israeli Campaigns on Campus”
- “What College Students Need To Know about Israel”
- “It's a record: 4,594-lb rubber band ball” (Sorry, Dad.)
- “Credit Where Credit Is Due”
- “Eyewitness: aliya voyage across the millennia from India”
- “Scientists Revise Map of Human Genome”
- “Get ready for 24-hour living” (My probable ancestor, the Ga’on R. Eliyyahu, would have loved these anti-sleep drugs, no question.)
- “Dolly bat Dolly”
’Twas the night of Thanksgiving,
but we just couldn't sleep.
We tried counting backwards;
We tried counting sheep.
The leftovers beckoned the dark meat and white,
But we fought the temptation with all of our might.
Tossing and turning with anticipation,
The thought of a snack became infatuation.
So, we raced to the kitchen, flung open the door
And gazed at the fridge, full of goodies galore.
We gobbled up turkey and buttered potatoes,
Pickles and carrots, beans and tomatoes.
We felt ourselves swelling so plump and so round,
Till all of a sudden we rose off the ground.
We crashed through the ceiling, floating into the sky,
With a mouthful of pudding and a handful of pie.
But, we managed to yell as we soared past the trees
Happy eating to ALL, pass the cranberries, please!
May your stuffing be tasty; may your turkey be plump.
May your potatoes ’n gravy have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious; may your pies take the prize
May your Thanksgiving dinner stay off of your thighs.
GOD BLESS ALL