Worthy cause of the day: “Support the GROWTH Act”.
Note: Sukkoth begins Wednesday night. This is the time to start building your sukkah!
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Tens of thousands of CCTV cameras, yet 80% of crime unsolved” (Interesting reasoning against blanket surveillance. I would like to see something on when and where putting cameras does cut crime.)
- “U.S. Airport Screeners Are Watching What You Read”
- “90 Palestinian prisoners to be released” (Let’s think about this: Israel is at war with Gaza. The “Palestinians” are not even offering anything in exchange for the prisoners, only complaining that more should be released. They also have not released their Israeli prisoners, despite the previous prisoner release. What is the point of this again?)
- “Rather's unraveling anchor cult”
- “'Rome Reborn' Model Pushes Frontiers of 3-D Simulation”
- “Rising seas likely to flood U.S. history” (Submitted by Barry.)
- “Men break into building full of police” (YHWH seems to have a sense of humor at times.)
A man is driving down a country road, when he spots a farmer standing in the middle of a huge field of grass. He pulls the car over to the side of the road and notices that the farmer is just standing there, doing nothing, looking at nothing. The man gets out of the car, walks all the way out to the farmer and asks him, “Excuse me mister, but what are you doing?”
The farmer replies, “I’m trying to win a Nobel Prize.”
“How?” asks the man, puzzled.
“Well I heard they give the Nobel Prize to people who are out standing in their field.”