Thursday, January 22, 2009

26 Ṭeveth 5769: National Blonde Brownie Day/Answer Your Cat’s Question Day

Greetings.

Relevant to Divine Misconceptions:
  1. Even more countries fail at freedom of religion: “Jehovah's Witnesses members detained in western Azerbaijan” and “RUSSIA: Banned "extremist" religious literature – who's next?”
  2. “Busy people grab a dose of God on the go”: This The One-Minute Bible concept worries me. While I am all for fitting religious study into one’s schedule, even at odd times, being able to fit in only a single minute a day is a sign of an overloaded schedule and bad prioritizing. Would it be too difficult to fit in 15 minutes?
  3. I am pleased to announce that I will be participating in Darwin Week at the College of Charleston.  On February 10, I will be part of a panel discussing Ben Stein’s alleged documentary Expelled:  No Intelligence Allowed.  Expelled is pure propaganda for the “intelligent design” movement, and we will be dissecting its claims.  My role is to focus on the religious aspects of the film.  People who want some idea in advance what is wrong with Expelled are advised to visit Expelled Exposed: Why Expelled Flunks, which covers the bases.  I am planning on taking my religious commentary in directions not covered on this site or in any review I have read.  Everyone is invited to attend, including anyone wishing to give me critical commentary on my commentary on Expelled.
Today’s news and commentary:Today’s weird thing, submitted by Barry, is “Kitteh of teh Opera”.
funny pictures
Enjoy and share the weirdness with the cat you love.

Aaron

No comments: