Jewish date: 19 Ṭeveth 5770 (Parashath Shemoth).
Today’s quasi-holidays: Bird Day, World Asthma Day
Image of a really old Latin inscription via Wikipedia
Today’s news and commentary:
- “Faster Than a Speeding Carrot: A Racing Car Made Entirely from Recyclables and Vegetable By-Products”
- “Difficult languages: Tongue twisters”: Just when you thought Greek, Latin, and English were horrible. Things can be much, much worse…
- Homeopathy: There's nothing in it | The 10:23 Campaign | #ten23: This site has some good information on what homeopathy is and why it does not and cannot possibly work.
- “The anti-vaccine movement strikes back against Dr. Paul Offit”: This article deals with the immoral practice of abusing the law to silence critics of quackery.
- “Mac security reality-check: scams”: Every computer user should know about this.
- “In Lockdown at Newark Airport”
PS: Hebrew is 1,000 times better than any of those other languages discussed in that article.
PPS: Ethnic pride may be responsible for the previous statement. Your mileage may vary.