Today I have decided to clean out the folder on my desktop labeled פתגמיא (pithgamayya’, “things” in Aramaic) due to me having no material on angel food cake.
- “Palestinian infighting deaths quadrouple since '02”
- “US soldiers barred from torture” (It’s about time.)
- “Vermont gets permission for first-in-the-nation Medicaid program” (AKA “Bush doesn’t care about the poor”.)
- “Senators vent frustration over Katrina aid bill” (AKA “Bush doesn’t care about the needy either”.)
- “All continuity is local” (AKA “We need to fund Jewish education for all Jewish kids NOW”, and the author definitely has a point.)
- “AU suffers Darfur troop losses” (AKA “What peace talks?”)
- And finally, a case study useful for arguing why mysticism is definitely not for everybody (especially not people with insufficient understanding of the religion the mysticism is rooted in), the totally bizarre “Jewish mystics to Madonna: Lay off our sage!”—and I would never dream of making something like this up.